wav to m4a conversion problem

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Problem Description

I have a wav-file of button click, not loud and short, and when I do "Import Sound" C2 converts it to ogg and m4a formats. Ogg format sounds good, but m4a file - is almost quiet, or some time (on other sounds) it distort them very heavy. And this happend even when I select best encoder quality. Even more - this sound crashes Safari browser on iPad!

[attachment=0:3ach2igy][/attachment:3ach2igy]

[attachment=1:3ach2igy][/attachment:3ach2igy]

Please compare these 2 files converted to ogg and m4a

And this problem I have almost with all short and not loud sounds. Maybe need to tune up m4a encoder quality?

Sorry my english ))

Affected Browsers

Safari

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 64bit Sp1

Construct 2 Version ID

r195

• As Ashley has often stated - https://www.scirra.com/forum/importing-certain-wav-files-crashes-on-safari_p862855?#p862855 - C2 has no real control of the encoding. That's down to Windows.

• Thanks for the link, same problem, yes. Trying to find any workaround... Tryed several converters, but have the same issue with resulting .m4a file, extending length of source audio file also does not help, so bad audio format

• Looks like I found how to encode to m4a properly: before actual sound begins - add 0.05 second of silence (less gap will not take effect or will distort start of sound), and if sound is very short add a little gap also after actual sound end (this will prevent sound distortion at the end of sound). Yes, this will add a little delay in sound playing, but I don`t see another way to fix this.

• We have no control over the AAC encoder so there's nothing we can do about this I'm afraid - as a workaround you can find your own AAC encoder and import the .m4a files yourself.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • We have no control over the AAC encoder so there's nothing we can do about this I'm afraid - as a workaround you can find your own AAC encoder and import the .m4a files yourself.

Yes, I`m tryed several programs-encoders (Audacity, fre:ac), but they produce the same bug with encoding to m4a... So this solution with a little gap before sound begins - is only way to make it work...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)