Visual glitch on editor?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Tweakable and easy to use effects for your projects.
  • Problem Description

Sprites put (or created) into layout after certain conditions appear wildly out of its bounding box (Only in the editor, projects still run fine).

Attach a Capx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjjkfgm86ggs30z/visualglitch.capx?dl=0

Description of Capx

The sprite object (the pink squiggles) appears out of bounds. It may be not apparent at first until you try to move it. This "offset" distance is not even consistent if you scroll the layout, as seen on the attached video.

Since this is about an layout editor bug, running the project is irrelevant.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

I can't seem to consistently reproduce this bug, sadly. But it goes somewhat like this:

• Create a tiled background with "glass" effect. If there is a couple of them in the layout it helps triggering the bug.
    • Create a 9patch object with Edges property set to Tile. Not sure if size, margins, etc affect the result (Mine is a 96x15 graphic, with 32 left and right margins, 15 at top and 0 at bottom). There is a bunch of them but apparently one is enough.
    • Create a sprite or a new instance of a created one (Not very consistent, sorry I cant pinpoint this more accurately).

Observed Result

https://youtu.be/zJ47WDGNCMs

Here we can see how to avoid this. Without preview effects there is no issues, for example.

I forgot to include it in the video, but sending the affected sprite to the bottom of the layer or to another layer makes it display properly too.

Expected Result

Well, its kinda obvious!

Affected Browsers

Irrelevant, it seems to run just fine outside the editor.

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 service pack 1

Construct 2 Version ID

R243 64 bits (I tried the latest stable release and the problem persists)

My graphic card drivers are up to date and as far as I know I have no graphic glitches on any other program or game or whatever.

• From the vid I'm pretty sure it's a gpu issue.

• From the vid I'm pretty sure it's a gpu issue.

Yeah, it could very well be (That's why I titled the thread with a question mark )...did you try the capx? It would help to know if this happens on other computers.

For example, I do a lot of medium/advanced image editing on this computer (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) and never had issues like this as far as I can tell...

My graphic card is an old-ass ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series, if it helps.

• Can reproduce.

Its an fx bug, in the editor preview however.

I think they know about some issues, but they probably won't get fixed.

• I looked at your CAPX. It is the 9 patch causing it but not sure why.

I deleted the 9 patch sprites from the layout and then dragged them back and the squiggly sprite went back where it should be.

• File no longer available so closing.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Weird, I don't remember deleting or moving it (it's still on my dropbox but the link is different)

Link updated, ASHLEY.

(Edit: Bug persists on r244 64-bit)

• Can't reproduce here, seems to always render correctly. Given the age of your GPU hardware I would still suspect a driver issue.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)