Video Set playback time does not behave as expected in Chrome (Windows 7 and Android). Instead, the video always seeks to the beginning.
Attach a Capx
Description of Capx
I've included three layouts here, to test different scenarios where I thought set playback time might have operated differently. In all cases, however, an instance of the video plugin is included in the layout, and set playback time is called when a tap is registered.
Case0_Basic simply sets playback time to 10 seconds upon tap. It was built after cases 1 and 2, but seems the cleanest way to test.
Case1_Autoplay attempts to go to a random time between 10 and 20 seconds upon tap, with Autoplay enabled
Case2_Preload attempts to go to a random time between 10 and 20 seconds upon tap. Autplay not enabled - only preload. Calls play after time code is set (in the event that the call to set playback time did not attempt to play from that time - wasn't sure if it was supposed to or not).
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Tap anywhere on screen in any of the layouts
In chrome, video is set back to beginning instead of the specified timecode. Reproducible both when running in preview mode and from a server.
Video player will load video. Upon tap, video should jump to a point near the value passed to set playback time.
- Chrome: (YES) (Windows Chrome Version: 49.0.2623.112 m and 50.0.2661.87 m)
- Chrome Android: (YES) Android Version: 49.0.2623.91 os version Android 4.4.2 SM-T530 Build / KOT49H)
- Chrome Mobile: (NO) iOS Version 9.3.1
- Safari Mobile: (No) iOS version as above
- FireFox: (NO)
- Internet Explorer: (NO)
Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Service Pack 1
also tested via:
- real iPad Air 2 (iOS 9.3.1)
- real Windows 10 device on Browserstack
- emulated iPad Air on Browserstack
Construct 2 Version ID
Release 227 (64-bit)
Built at 13:55:58 on Apr 12 2016
Thanks kindly, Ashley and team!