Video OnError bug in r227

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
8-bit retro-style music and sound effects: 10 loops-able music tracks and 301 individual SFX!
  • Problem Description

Following release r227 (or those part of it, since I upgraded from last stable release, r221), the Video plugin has a

problem with the OnError event. It triggers even without anything having been done with the Video plugin (my code worked

fine in r221 and now triggers the error routine).

Attach a Capx

Easy to reproduce with the following code:

OK Button : OnClick Video : Set video source to "videoname.webm", "", "videoname.mp4)

Video : On Can Play Video Play

Video : On Error Browser Alert "Error detected"

Description of Capx

The code above triggers the Video error as soon as it is run, even before anything is loaded. It has to be this way to reproduce

the error, as if you immediately load the video (e.g. with the System On Start of Layout), it works fine and doesn't trigger the error.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Create code above
    • Run it without pressing the button

Observed Result

Error is triggered and browser displays error message "Error detected"

Expected Result

Nothing in this case, until you press OK, then video loads and plays fine.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: Yes
    • FireFox: Yes
    • Internet Explorer: Yes

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 Professional 64, Sp1 latest patches applied

Construct 2 Version ID

r227

• wmsgva

The posting of a .capx is not optional, as stated in the Bug Reporting Requirements.

Please amend your post to include a simple .capx or it is likely that Ashley will close your post automatically.

• For those who can't read 3 lines of code and on this forum where one can't post files directly (that's why I avoided posting a Capx), here's the link to a Capx in Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5p5evmwbgq8m ... .capx?dl=0

Sorry for not being "politically correct", but I think some people could do with a bit of relaxing. If the issue isn't clear from what I wrote above,

I'm rather surprised.

• We deal with thousands of bug reports and about half of them are useless because the reporter did not follow the bug report guidelines. So we are very strict about this.

Your .capx includes no video files and sets an empty video src. I don't know why you expect that to work? It also contradicts your original report, which mentions setting a video src of "videoname.webm", but your .capx does not do that, so I am not sure what you are really trying to report. It doesn't look like there's anything particularly wrong here, so closing as won't fix.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley, I didn't include the video files I had experienced the problem with, as I didn't think the issue was related to the files themselves. Try just using my code with two video files of your choice to see if the problem occurs or not (does the On Error trigger without anything happening or not).

The change is due to the move from r221 to r227, as the video code in my game was working fine in the previous version (no error triggered).

If anything has changed in the latest release due to video formats, this could explain the issue. Otherwise, it's just something not working in your code. Please therefore don't close this. Thank you.

Whilst I understand the need to provide a Capx in many cases to reproduce the problems, in this case it was just 3 lines of code, which I had provided. Probably takes you just as much time to download them as to enter them into an empty project.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)