Text variables don't sync with the multiplayer object. At one stage they did, except for one specific variable. Then, with no change to events at all, none of the text variables sync. So I recreated in minimal capx to make sure. (As a side note, it would be great if we could also sync booleans!)
Attach a Capx
Description of Capx
Press anywhere on layout1. Open game in a different browser and do the same. When they log in and join rooms, it will go to layout2 where the host will change the variables of the array. In the debugger you will see that only the number variable syncs, the text variable stays blank for the peer.
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Step 1: Load game in browser, press anywhere in the screen.
- Step 2: Load game in a different browser, press anywhere in the screen.
- Step 3: Observe results of array variable syncing in the debugger.
Text variables don't sync.
Text variables sync.
- Chrome: Yes
- FireFox: Yes
- Nodewebkit (preview): Yes
- Internet Explorer: N/A (can't connect with MP at all)
Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 8, and don't know sorry.
Construct 2 Version ID