An unhandled win32 exception occurred in Construct2.exe

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Hello!

Constantly (every 30 minutes) Construct2 (release 272) crushes with this error:

What's happening? I don't even have a Visual Studio on my PC! I'm using Windows 7 if it's important.

I hope that there is solution...

• I'm afraid it's impossible to tell what happened from that picture alone. We need reliable steps to reproduce the problem to be able to investigate.

• I'm afraid it's impossible to tell what happened from that picture alone. We need reliable steps to reproduce the problem to be able to investigate.

I though that it happens randomly, but I found this topic construct.net/en/forum/construct-2/bugs-21/construct-v269-closes-randomly-144976

and it seems that the problem is the same - Construct2 crashes in the same conditions as shown in this playlist:

youtube.com/playlist

Only thing I can add that it crashes in 90% of cases when I press SHIFT+ALT to change my language. I think it all started from the r269.

It doesn't matter which project I open - C2 crashes even in empty projects.

I'm pretty sure that it caused by third-party-plugin but which one? I have no idea with which software Construct2 is releated. Maybe with microsoft net framework or something else...

• I already said it in another thread citing Ashley.

It is not possible to make a list of the steps for the problem.

When using the sprite editor, the frequency of the error increases greatly.

---

Today I used C2 for several hours, I had no crash because I did not use the sprite editor.

The other day I had 4 or 5 crashes using the sprite editor but there is no way to create a list of the steps, the error simply happens with the sprite editor.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I already said it in another thread citing Ashley.

It is not possible to make a list of the steps for the problem.

When using the sprite editor, the frequency of the error increases greatly.

But I didn't find in this thread the text of error so I decided that we faced different problems. However conditions of the crashing seems to be the same. And it's very hard to explain them because C2 in every case crashes time to time.

• Closing as duplicate of this thread, let's keep all the discussion in the same place.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)