Turret does not fire when target acquired

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38658788/turret.capx

Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a turrent, turret attack and enemy

2. Set turret rate of fire to 5

3. Send enemy to turret's range

Observed result:

When the turret first acquires the target it does NOT fire. It waits 5 seconds and then fires.

Expected result:

When the turret first acquires the target it should fire immediately. Then the turret rate of fire should come into effect. Why this matters is because you can have a turret that has a powerful attack that takes 10 seconds to reload. If the turret takes 10 seconds to fire every time a target is acquired then it's quite possible that the enemies are no longer in range and the turret NEVER gets to fire.

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes

Firefox: untested

Internet Explorer: untested

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 7 SP1

Construct 2 version:

R152 Personal Edition

• I don't see how this is a bug, just because it doesn't work how you want or expect it to work. I would say rather than a bug, it's possibly missing an extra feature, such as a tick box to indicate to fire immediately, then use rate of fire.

The turret is doing exactly as it's told - wait 5 seconds then fire. It will then fire every 5 seconds if appropriate.

If you want it to fire immediately, then wait for 5 seconds then:

Set the rate of fire to 1, then on shoot, set the rate of fire to 5. It then works how you want.

Surely that's why the Event system gives us access to the turret parameters at runtime? We specifically tell it to behave how we want it to.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The turret needs to reload before it can fire, and it's still reloading when the unit comes in to range. I changed the next build to initialise turrets in reloaded state so it can fire right away.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)