I have three tilemaps in my project, and each has the same PNG reference. One has solid behavior, one is background imagery / non-colliding and the other will be climbable objects (not implemented yet).
I also have three layers. The player is on the top layer, the solid and non-colliding backgrounds are on the bottom layer, and the climbable ones are on a layer in between.
First, let's say that I have successfully edited the currently active layer with background tilemaps. When I select any of the tilemap objects (for instance, the solid level tilemap) after , then navigate over to the Tilemap tab view, the tilemap doesn't update to the solid level tilemap view. It still displays the background tilemap object's content.
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Create a new project with 3 PNG tilemap objects, all with the same referenced PNG. Mine are named "Solid", "BG", and "Ladders"
- Create three layers called "Player", "Climbable", and "Level", respectively. Addition of a player object to the "Player" layer is not required for troubleshooting.
- Ensure that 2 of the 3 PNG tilemap object are assigned to the "Level" layer, while the other is assigned to the "Climbable" layer.
- Select the "Level" layer and the "Solid" tilemap, then navigate to the Tilemap view and begin laying down tiles.
- Go back to the Object view and select a different tilemap, like "BG", then navigate back to the Tilemap view.
- Observe that the Tilemap view's contents are still referencing the previously selected Tilemap object (Solid).
The previous tilemap object is displayed in the tilemap view, regardless of the currently selected tilemap object or layer.
I expect the currently selected tilemap object to display in the tilemap view.
Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 7 Professional / SP 1
Construct 2 Version ID
Release 182 (64-bit)