Tilemap Seamless Off causes Sampling Bug

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
25 Homemade seamless jazzy seamless backgrounds for 2d scrolling or platform games
  • Problem Description

When project has sampling set to Point, and Tilemap seamless mode is off, the tilemap becomes blurry when played.

I don't remember this being the case in previous c2 version. It was clear/crisp in previous versions of c2.

Attach a Capx

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhHSZHEulqh_gWsdjIgenKdB4YoG

Description of Capx

retro template with tilemap added, set seamless mode off causes blur.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• run game, see blur

Observed Result

blurry tilemap

Expected Result

map should be crisp and not blurred.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

vista sp2

Construct 2 Version ID

r233

• When you turn seamless mode off, Tilemap reverts to a different rendering system which uses tiling textures, which due to the current limitations of WebGL 1 must be a power-of-two size. (WebGL 2 removes that restriction.) Since you picked a non-power-of-two tile size this causes the tile to be stretched which causes the slight blur that you see. It's always worked like this, it's not a recent change.

TBH seamless mode "off" has all sorts of problems and we will probably remove it at some point. Just use seamless mode "on".

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ok thanks for the info- that makes sense.

I went back and checked r277 just to make sure, and it was blurry there too. I guess i originally had seamless mode on and somehow I must've turned them off at some point.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)