TileMap Drawing crashes with new win7x64 updates

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Create your game with this complete pack of images and animations!
  • Problem Description

____ When i try to paint the tilemap, after about one hundred tiles painted, construct 2 crashes with the message "Construct 2 game creator has stopped working, Windows error, ecc.."

My game Has worked perfectly untill i installed the new win 7X64 updates of the 13-14/9/2016 about,

probably it's not a bug of c2 but incompatibility with the new win7 updates..____

Attach a Capx

____ https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwVhI ... 0xiLUVZU3M ____

Description of Capx

____ An example of a single TileMap 72000 x 72000 33px for each cells ____

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 Try to draw some tiles with different colours
    • Step 2 continue to draw tiles and see if the software crashes...
    • Step 3

Observed Result

____ Construct 2 crashes with the message "Construct 2 game creator has stopped working, Windows error, ecc.."____

Expected Result

____ C2 does not crash ____

Affected Browsers

___C2 Editor___

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Windows 7 x64 SP1 ____

Construct 2 Version ID

____ C2 R235 (64 bit)____

• This is very strange... the file i've uploaded here don't crash anymore...and i've not installed or changed anything...It crashed every time before i upload it here...

Anyway my complete project continue to crash, but only when i draw the tilemaps...I can't upload the full project here, because it's huge and copyrighted... however i think the problem is related to tilemaps with a great numb of cells, or maybe is my PC... i really don't know...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I drew loads of tiles and couldn't reproduce any crash. Closing as it sounds like it works for you now too.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)