TiledBackground Collision Poligon

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Problem Description

The collision poligon that is shown for some tiled Backgrounds are weird...

Attach a Capx

[attachment=0:6lzwejhu][/attachment:6lzwejhu]

Description of Capx

The game works fine, but there is this weird collision poligon in some of my tiled backgrounds, that are shown in the editors mode with colliders on.

THE PROBLEM IS WHEN LOADED. Once the project is saved and reopened the problem is solved.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Create a tiledbackground
    • Open a .png with transparent parts
    • Activate view collision poligons
    • Save and change the tiledbackground with other .png with different transparent parts

Observed Result

In the editors mode the tiled background creates a collision poligon very weird.

Expected Result

Bounding box in every tiled background

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 SP1

Construct 2 Version ID

BETA 191

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How is this any different than the other bug report you made?

Create a minimal capx showing what you are doing.

That way Ashley will know that you are actually talking about the tiled background object, and not some third party plug, or some weird driver issue.

• :I cause i put the picture of what happend, is not possible to recreate in capx, because, it's self done, just test it, if you save and reopen the problem is fixed.

any way ill try to upload a capx....

• This is a minor bug in the editor. On import of an image into the tiled background object, C2 guesses the collision polygon and draws that line in the editor. At run time the bounding box is used to detect collisions, so the problem is trivial.

The capx below demo's the problem and that the bounding box is used for collision detection. Drag the sprite over the tiled background image to check its collision.

[attachment=0:2ue24g21][/attachment:2ue24g21]

• Thanks, should be fixed in the next build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)