Keyboard On Key Pressed events don't register keystrokes if a textbox currently has focus. This is true for most keys--RETURN and a few others are exceptions.
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Add a text box to your layout
- Create an On Key Pressed event to do something obvious, like end the application.
- Run your app and observe that the key detection works.
- Run your app again, give the textbox focus, and observe that the key detection no longer works.
If a textbox has focus, the On Key Pressed event doesn't register.
The On Key Pressed event should register, regardless of what element currently has focus. I'm making a chat where pressing the up arrow key will recall the previous message sent. With this bug, this behavior is impossible.
- Chrome: YES
- FireFox: Untested
- Internet Explorer: Untested
Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 7 64 bit
Construct 2 Version ID