Link to .capx file (required!):
Steps to reproduce:
1. load project, run the debugger, no interaction needed
CPU usage goes to 17% (on my machine). Each text box adds between 5-6% CPU usage each... and it keeps increasing. I've managed to exceed 50% with 10 textboxes. Disabling the textbox makes no difference.
a disabled textbox should have no appreciable CPU usage
an active textbox with no attached events should not be consuming so much CPU time - it's effectively a static structure... eg html forms.
Chrome: not tested
Internet Explorer: yes (ie10)
Operating system & service pack:
Windows 8 professional
Construct 2 version:
R141 (correction, I was actually on R142)
Well I'm getting fps drops using the new version (143) while running my project, that did not occured while running with older versions, but your problem seems to occur with 141 version.. not sure if there is something common about that
Correction, I was on R142
I've just downloaded R143 and I found the textbox impact seems to be similar.
I've managed to optimise this a lot for the next build - even a screen full of controls should then only use a few % of engine CPU. However we haven't changed anything to do with these in recent builds so it's unlikely any performance difference in r141-143 is related to this.
Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.
I'd not have noticed as I've only been a user since R139 (and I've bought a licence too).
Spotting this would not have been possible if it were not for your excellent debugger and profiler. I'm sure this is not going to be the last optimisation issue that the profiler will help us spot.