1) Even though I have an event that sets the text box as always in focus, if it's off screen or invisible it loses focus. This prevents users from writing into the text boxes and have that data transfer into a text object or sprite font object. I'm assuming that this isn't by design, because disabling it when invisible or off-screen has no uses, as far as I can tell.
2) When I resize the textbox vertically down to a very small size (such as 1 or 0) the text is very small. When I increase the size again the size of the font doesn't increase again... in fact, I can't figure out how to set the size of the TextFont at all.
Attach a Capx
Description of Capx
This capx shows a text box which you can use to enter text. The text is then shown in a text object. Every tick the object is moved down 1 pixel so the user can see that as soon as it goes off screen you can no longer write anything. The same thing happens if you set it to invisible.
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Link a text box to display its text to a text object.
- Move the text box off screen or set it to invisible.
- Preview the game and see that you can not write anything... but if it's on screen/visible, you can.
Can't write if TextBox is off-screen or invisible.
To be able to use a text box to type names, etc using the font object or sprite font object.
- Chrome: (YES)
- FireFox: (YES)
- Internet Explorer: (YES)
Operating System and Service Pack
Win 7 SP1
Construct 2 Version ID