Spritefont and sprites distortion in editor.

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple Map Editor that where you can edit a map with restriction or totally. You can save and load the map created.
  • Problem Description

I am very angry because it lives hindering me!

I'm tired of restarting the C2, every time it arises. I know it's not my graphics card, because it is updated. I tested it on two different computers and the error persists.

video:

www dot dropbox dot com/s/wd31lhd1f2e66j5/bug.mp4?dl=0

Capx

www dot dropbox dot com/s/5nltiyxn6tj274b/bug.capx?dl=0

Prints

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• With some sprites and spritefonts in same layout.
    • Move spritefonts

Affected

• Construct 2 Editor: YES
    • Chrome: NO
    • FireFox: NO
    • Internet Explorer: NO

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 10

Construct 2 Version ID

212.2, but in all versions it happens.

• What works for me to fix that.

Go in your plugins folder with the spritefonts on the right side in objects, click ones on your font2. Now all your text with this spritefont should be selected. Move all the selected text with the mouse. It should wobble a little bit, is that wobbling all gone it should be fine.

That works in mine project in and it seems to work with your capx.

• In project propreties set "preview effect" to No

• Unfortunately the editor causes glitches like this in many graphics cards, even if the card's driver is up to date.

• It only does it when you first load, and are using sprite fonts. Grab any one of the fonts and drag it off the left side of the layout, past 0. every font will snap back into place and stay in place the rest of the session.

Then hit undo to return the font you were dragging.

("preview effect" has no effect on the glitch. I never have it on.)

Here's a video showing the glitch and fixing it by dragging a font around. The video is from r163 feb 2014 when we discussed it before.

• Thanks to all. Asmodean, MadSpy and Paradox!

In project propreties set "preview effect" to No

("preview effect" has no effect on the glitch. I never have it on.)

You helped me a lot! Big Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hello,,,

I watched the video and this problem has happened to me too, I can not say for sure but I tested in (Windows 7 X64) and (X64 Windows 8) and the two versions presented the same problem. I do not know if it has to do with the X64 system or video drivers for X64.

I'm currently using Windows 7 Professional X86.

• Hello,,,

I watched the video and this problem has happened to me too, I can not say for sure but I tested in (Windows 7 X64) and (X64 Windows 8) and the two versions presented the same problem. I do not know if it has to do with the X64 system or video drivers for X64.

I'm currently using Windows 7 Professional X86.

Portuguese BR

Muito bom kra... Eu instalei o Construct 2 x86 no Windows 10 x64 e funciona sem bugar daquele jeito! Muito obrigado!

English

Very good dude... I installed Construct 2 x86 on Windows 10 x64 and works without bugs! Thank you!

• > Hello,,,

> I watched the video and this problem has happened to me too, I can not say for sure but I tested in (Windows 7 X64) and (X64 Windows 8) and the two versions presented the same problem. I do not know if it has to do with the X64 system or video drivers for X64.

> I'm currently using Windows 7 Professional X86.

>

É ISSO AI MATEUS

Portuguese BR

Muito bom kra... Eu instalei o Construct 2 x86 no Windows 10 x64 e funciona sem bugar daquele jeito! Muito obrigado!

English

Very good dude... I installed Construct 2 x86 on Windows 10 x64 and works without bugs! Thank you!

• Closing as won't fix. It doesn't reproduce on my machine (Win10, GeForce GTX 660), and I am pretty sure it is a graphics driver bug, which are usually not practical to work around. As a workaround disable "preview effects".

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)