Sprite Rotate Bug

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple resize and rotate events for any sprite, quick and easy event sheet that you can use for your own projects.
  • I just downloaded Construct 2 and played around a bit with all function available. I don't think a capx(what is this?) is required to report this bug since it is straight forward for anyone. Sorry in advance if I did it wrong, since my experience using Construct 2 is just about 20 minutes.

Steps to reproduce:

1. New Project

2. Create sprite.

3. On start layout, action:Rotate Counter-Clockwise 360deg

Observed result:

Sprite Rotated Clockwise

tried -360deg value, still clockwise

Expected result:

Sprite to rotate Counter-Clockwise by any means.

Construct 2 version:

r146 32 bit

Sorry if this is somehow reported, but I've tried to search the forum but none of the result helps.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You're welcome!

I need to ask, do you can observe the rotation, while it's rotating 360 degrees in the start of a layout!?

If it rotate 360 degrees, you should expect the same sprite at the same position when the layout start showing something, because it did a complete loop around itself in one tick at the start of the layout.

• I know what is the problem now. The rotate that I use supposed to statically rotate the sprite, while the behavior rotate is the every tick version of rotate. This thread can be close now as it is not a bug, its a clash of terminology that caused noob to confuse. So prior closing this thread I want to suggest that the behavior rotation to be renamed to Revolve instead for the sake of differentiating.

All in all, this is one of the coolest software I have ever used. :D

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)