Specific Problem with Multiplayer plugin.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
The I18N (Translation) is a Construct plugin created to translate text in game.
  • there is a problem that happens with Multiplayer plugin,,,, the cituation to occur is very specific .....

you get a game every suppose is 1x1 as in the case of C2 Pong,,,,, each User has its object (Host and Peer),,,

If you make a multiplayer system that the User returns to an initial layout and disconnect the room after finish the game and can get into another game that is waiting for challenging ocorerá a problem with the player at another time was the (HOST) another room,,,

the player is a PEER a room, but that was before HOST another room, even after (Leave Room) or (Desconect from Room),, when it connects to a new room but as PEER he is creating two objects to the host.....

As if the player had not lost all linkages with their former state of HOST ...

I can not find a way to solve this problem,,,,,

Examples ....

First combat everything running, players OK, objects OK, variables OK in debug mode.

Second combat, reversing players ,,, the player who was once the HOST and is now the PEER creates two objects to the room HOST.

• Reinarte

You will need to follow the bug reporting guidelines - supply a minimum .capx and precise instruction, etc - or this will likely be closed automatically by Ashley.

• OK, I'll prepare a new capx file because it will not pass command lines of my advanced design of multiplayer,,,,

I imagine that this problem was not detected because it would require a large project using Multyplayer, but it seems that no one even made an advanced design using the multiplayer of Scirra,,,

Do not worry I play the same problem using the example of Scirra (Multiplayer Pong) will pass it to understand what it is and solve the problem ....

Just play a game and the next game reversing players,, HOST and PEER ..

Then you will see the first game everything is okay, there is no any problem,,, but if they get the second start inverting the players then the problem will appear.

All small modifications in Multiplayer Pong Scirra are marked in capx file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g37an3nw0jkxv ... .capx?dl=0

• someone who works in Scirra will give attention and this problem?

• Closing as won't investigate: I don't see any evidence this is not just a mistake in your events. You need to keep the host and the peer all on the same layout at all times, and your events don't appear to be sufficient to ensure that happens. The multiplayer engine is also not designed to make people explicitly choose if they should be host or peer, it's automatically assigned and your events need to respect the automatic assignment, so I'm not sure what the purpose of having separate buttons for that is or what you expect it to do. It appears entirely possible that a user could click the "host" button and be automatically assigned as a peer or vice-versa, so I think you are just contradicting the way the multiplayer engine works.

• Closing as won't investigate: I don't see any evidence this is not just a mistake in your events. You need to keep the host and the peer all on the same layout at all times, and your events don't appear to be sufficient to ensure that happens. The multiplayer engine is also not designed to make people explicitly choose if they should be host or peer, it's automatically assigned and your events need to respect the automatic assignment, so I'm not sure what the purpose of having separate buttons for that is or what you expect it to do. It appears entirely possible that a user could click the "host" button and be automatically assigned as a peer or vice-versa, so I think you are just contradicting the way the multiplayer engine works.

Before you give your opinion, please download the available capx file.

Make tests of some matches and then come their views known.

Ashley did not understand the explanation, we are not forcing a peer to host and also we are not forcing a host to peer,,,,

the question is when you makes a FULL game with extrutura rooms and layout for the player to create a new game or connect to a game that is a problem waiting for players will take place in the specific situation.

Agree that when a game ends players are disconnected from the room and returned to the layout they call (lobby) or entry,,, where again the player can choose to create a new game or connect to an existing game,,,

This system will cause problems from the second straight game because occurs problem with the multiplayer plugin if a player on another previous game that has ended and it was also the HOST to connect to a new game but this time as a PEER.

You get the idea or need a more detailed explanation yet?

• Running the CAPX in Chrome. Played first game with "AAA" as host and "BBB" as peer of "AAA". All OK.

Second game, after disconnection, played with "BBB" as host and "AAA" as peer of "BBB". All OK.

Can't reproduce the problem you're talking about. I'm missing something?

I've understand that the buttons for "host" and "peer" are mainly to allow to any player pair with any other. Some players connect as "host" and other players select the "host" they want and connect with him pressing "peer". Is like a manual pairing of players.

• Running the CAPX in Chrome. Played first game with "AAA" as host and "BBB" as peer of "AAA". All OK.

Second game, after disconnection, played with "BBB" as host and "AAA" as peer of "BBB". All OK.

Can't reproduce the problem you're talking about. I'm missing something?

I've understand that the buttons for "host" and "peer" are mainly to allow to any player pair with any other. Some players connect as "host" and other players select the "host" they want and connect with him pressing "peer". Is like a manual pairing of players.

It seems that you did everything right, but you can not reload the browser page and can not refresh the page so that the player ID in multiplayer does not change.

All that remains now you post a screen shot of your browser by starting the second PEER screen to make sure that everything was correct.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g75b5dv4wijhk ... g.jpg?dl=0

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok. I was reloading game so it works fine.

If I simply let the game redirect me to the "login" again, the second time things are messed as you say. Seems that the actions from Multiplayer: "leave room" or "disconnect from room" are leaving something in an "unknown" state in the server or in the client.

Perhaps adding a "disconnect form signalling server" and then again reconnect could resolve the problem?

• Ok. I was reloading game so it works fine.

If I simply let the game redirect me to the "login" again, the second time things are messed as you say. Seems that the actions from Multiplayer: "leave room" or "disconnect from room" are leaving something in an "unknown" state in the server or in the client.

Perhaps adding a "disconnect form signalling server" and then again reconnect could resolve the problem?

Very good friend JSJ, you understand what's going on.

You are free to adjust the capx file to try to find a solution to the problem.

If if find some way to solve the problem could spread well.

In my view, no person will not be possible to produce an entire game with multiplayer would require people who produced the plugin perform a check in code and also in the signaling server to find where this problem.

They can use this capx that I changed for testing.

The idea of disconnecting the signaling server is good but it does not resolve the problem.

• I've checked disconnecting and reconnecting signalling server via Multiplayer plugin but, as you said, this doesn't solves nothing.

Will try to check what's going on and if there's a workaround. If so I will post here.

• I've checked disconnecting and reconnecting signalling server via Multiplayer plugin but, as you said, this doesn't solves nothing.

Will try to check what's going on and if there's a workaround. If so I will post here.

Unfortunately this problem has no solution.

Only the people who made the multiplayer plugin and the signaling server will be able to identify and resolve.

Meanwhile there will never be a full game on the market made with Construct 2 Multiplayer.

Ashley still closed the topic, if anyone of Scirra pay attention to this problem will be the way it is.

Multiplayer Plugin only serves to make small examples to teach others.

The problem was found, are groups of commands that remain on for the next match "HOST and PEER"

• > I've checked disconnecting and reconnecting signalling server via Multiplayer plugin but, as you said, this doesn't solves nothing.

>

> Will try to check what's going on and if there's a workaround. If so I will post here.

>

The problem was found, are groups of commands that remain on for the next match "HOST and PEER"

¡Nice!... anyway I've desisted to use Multiplayer because it doesn't work on iOS platform due to Apple not wanting to implement WebRTC nativelly.

Now using Photon but it has another anoyances... we, developers of multiplayer games, are doomed...

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)