Sounds Are distorted on Mobile platforms

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
A pack of 76 platform designs for a platformer game with a mushroom/jungle theme
  • Problem Description

On html5 hosted games, sounds are distorted on mobile platforms.

Attach a Capx

Curent project with same sounds as original game - game may not be playable on ios devices due to the browser plugin bug

Original Game sounds

Edited: i cant add a capx for obvious reasons as i said bellow

but : you are free to follow the steps for reproduction, with any sounds imported in C2 from a .wav format. and then follow the steps to reproduce the "bug" or weird effect.

Description of Capx

plays same sounds/musics with no distorted effect or pitched effect.

using the same wav sound formats.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 add a sound to your project
    • Step 2 run on dekstop pc
    • Step 3 run on mobile platforms

Observed Result

on mobile platforms the sounds are "squiquish" high pitched, like old arcade sounds(16bit-8bit sounds).

Expected Result

play normal sound as on dekstop

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (NO)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

windows 8.1 N Enterprise / Android 5.1 / IOS 9.3.3

Construct 2 Version ID

r240

Edited: Link updated! P.S is probably just how devices work, or my client is really picky on sound differences across devices. might not be a bug, at this point i dont really care about the issue(slight difference in sound played across different devices - could be the auto audio convertor that takes the wav compressed files and makes them .ogg and .m4a but the sound change is insignificant not sure the guy who told me about it picked it up.), only if its officially a bug then im glad i could help to report it. Ashley

• You must attach a CAPX. It sounds like you are playing the sound every tick, but since you don't provide the code, this can't be confirmed.

• You must attach a CAPX. It sounds like you are playing the sound every tick, but since you don't provide the code, this can't be confirmed.

do i look like someone who wold play the sounds everytick? - sry for being weird. edited: i meant that by now i learned to not double trigger a sound.

the sounds are triggered when either monster collides with a villager or a arrow is created. music starts on menu and then its playing on a loop without any more calls.

if u play the game on pc, you'l hear the sound is same as the original game, if you play on mobile there is the highpitching happening, the bug is not happening because of a condition i use. but is different based on the device it runs on. i cant provide a capx, for obvious reasons, but you are free to follow the steps for reproduction, with any sounds imported in C2 from a .wav format.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The link in the first post is now a 404 and I can't access a .capx, so closing.

Mobile devices often have poor quality speakers/sound output - are you sure it's not that?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)