Sound not working when creating apk from intel xdk

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Problem Description

I have an html5 game created using construct2. When i test it on the construct2 tool, the music/sfx/audio files on my game works perfectly. But when i export it to Cordova and use the intel xdk to build and publish it only as android game, the apk it generates have no sound at all. I am not using Cordova plugins and it is a game project(basic canvas games). I have disabled the android-crosswalk build and only built it for Android. Crosswalk was generating a more than 50mb file apk, so i insist that the game must stayas only android. Any help?

Attach a Capx

4shared.com/file/POvwoc_mba/Pitzilla.html

Description of Capx

The way to start the game at the very beginning is running the MenuInicial.layout. Then, a music should already be playing.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Export the caproj project to cordova
    • Check the options to export audio files to ios and android
    • Start a new project at intel xdk and import the exported from construct2 folder
    • Build the game only for Android, not android-crosswalk.
    • Create the apk and test it on android device

Observed Result

there is no sound on the apk file

Expected Result

it should have music/sounds on the apk

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES/NO)
    • FireFox: (YES/NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Your operating system and service pack ____

Construct 2 Version ID

____ Exact version ID of Construct 2 you're using ____

• Add plugin Cordova Media in intelXDK

• You have not attached your project, only one file from a folder project that cannot be opened. Please attach a .capx (a complete single-file project) as per the requirements. Also please check you've got both the .ogg and .m4a versions of all your sound files and provide all the information required by the bug form such as the OS version and C2 version.

• I have now uploaded a caproj file on 4shared to download. Strange thing: when i applied the audio plugion for the project on intel xdk, the sound worked perfectly and the apk was great, but the problem now is: my apk is too big to enter google play store! It´s 80mb! Is there a way to put audio on the project without making it over 50mb? I have already made my images and music the lowest possible on construct2

• new update: just the audio plugin is not enough. I have to apply the Device plugin too

• i found the solution: just reduced the size of my music files from the project using switch sound file converter(16kps is a good one). And exported as cordova and used the cordova plugins and device,media plugins

• Closing as probably not a bug: if you do not use Crosswalk, audio will only work on Android 5.0+ and above. This is one of the reasons we recommend you use Crosswalk. I am assuming you are testing on Android 4.x since your bug report does not appear to include this information. Note Google recently increased the APK size limit to 100mb.

• Add plugin Cordova Media in intelXDK

and how do you do that?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Add plugin Cordova Media in intelXDK

>

and how do you do that?

Inside the Intel XDK or Cocoon has the part of adding plugins, Cordova Media is among them, but it is only necessary if you are doing a WebView compilation without Crosswalk.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)