____ The bug creates a 0.005 second gap of no audio. The bug may be within audio-looping function or within the playback rate function. Either way it seems more likely to happen when there are more sprites added to the scene eg. 300-1000 64x64px sprites. ____
Attach a Capx
____ Capx is attached. ____
Description of Capx
____ This Capx plays one sound file that is perfectly loopable, on the smallest scale the start and end both start at the zero-point, (I used a program called EndlessWAV to make it perfectly loopable).
By clicking on the "+" and "-" sprites you can change the Playback_Rate (pitch) of the looping sound.
You can also change the volume of the sound with the second set of "+" and "-" sprites. ____
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Step 1 - Overload the scene by populating it with more sprites, or many animated sprites.
- Step 2 - Lower and Raise the playback rate and hear for any Noises, pops and clicks.
- Step 3 - Record the PC speaker "Stereo-Mix" output, and disable your microphone in the process.
- Step 4 - Analyze the recording from the audio output of this CAPX.
____ Most of the time the loop plays clearly and perfectly, but once every 5 or 10-seconds there are very noticable audio pops and clicks and little annoying noises. ____
____ There is no reason why the audio shouldn't loop perfectly from layout start to end, without any pauses. I expect it to loop perfectly. ____
- Chrome: (YES)
- FireFox: (YES)
- Internet Explorer: (N/A)
- NodeWebKit: (YES)
- CocoonJS on Android: (YES)
Operating System and Service Pack
____ Windows 7 (64-Bit) SP1 ____
____ Android 4.4 KitKat ____
Construct 2 Version ID
____ Construct 2 r175 beta (64-bit)____
Thank you, you guys rock!