-Solved- Can't see pop up window, only error sound

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Relax and relieve stress by popping bubbles in Fidget Anti- Stress Releaser!
  • Problem Description

Everytime I try to create or add an event theres an error sound and no window pops up.

Attach a Capx

This happend to all my projects. I believe the program is the problem.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Happends right away, either by reopening an existing project or a new one.

Observed Result

Click on "Add-event" or double click nor right-click doeans't work. Creating new sheets or edit existing once doesn't change it either. Re-installing only the Personal Version or the Free version or both at the same time didn't work either.

Expected Result

A window to pop up where I can choose the event.

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1

Construct 2 Version ID

I'm using Release 214 (64-bit/Steam) using the Personal Licence

Solution

So I figured the solution and just wanted to leave it here for people with the same problem.

The story was that I rearange my workplace, meaning I placed my second monitor now left instead on the right side of my notebook. And I used to place the pop up window, every time you open "add-event", on my second monitor.

And somehow, I believe not just Construct 2, the program remembers the place where it use to open the pop up window. So I couldn't see it at all even though it should be on the same window.

I think it opens the windows according to the last position it used to open up and not the screen, in my case on the right side.

Just temporary place your screens in the windows settings back to where it used to be and open up the windows you dont see and drag them to the main screen.

Have a great day

Sam

• There is also 'Preferences/Reset Dialogs' which will reset all window positions to their default locations.

Preferences.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Oh nice thank you!

• There is also 'Preferences/Reset Dialogs' which will reset all window positions to their default locations.

Preferences.

oh, i did not know this!

i always fiddle with my screens lol...

you saved me from a lot of fiddling dude! (really, this should be more well-known!)

...not that it matters anymore because C3

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)