[solved] Loader layout issue

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22937829/loadingbug/loadbugreport.capx

(There is just a sprite collection, no sounds or music.)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Upload the html5 exported game on your server

2. Press F12 (console) during loading screen to see the asset list being loaded

Observed result:

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22937829/loadingbug/index.html

When the loading bar reaches 100%, some assets have not been loaded yet (this is random between 60% and 80%). If you put the browser object in your project (included in .capx file), the bar will reset from 100% to the real % loaded.

If the game loads too quickly you'll need to add some dummy sprites to make the game bigger (here I added 1Mb worth of dummy data), in order to observe the problem.

Expected result:

Every single asset should be loaded before showing 100% (as there is no music nor sound in the capx). Usually the first layout will work fine since its content is loaded first. However, if the user gets to another layout quickly it can block the whole game (due to current layout's assets not being fully loaded).

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes

Firefox: No

Internet Explorer: No

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 7 64-bit. Service pack 1

Construct 2 version:

r150 (151 & 152 didn't introduce fixes for that issue but my teammate will try it anyway).

Thanks much for your time,

Nathan.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Can you test this with Firefox and IE? We ask specifically for that to identify browser-specific issues, and I think this may be Chrome specific.

• My teammate didn't manage to reproduce the bug on IE and firefox. Thus, this effectively seems to be happening only on chrome. I'll edit the first post to reflect that.

Thanks for the super quick answer !

Kind Regards,

Nathan

• I don't think this is a bug: it looks like 'loading complete' fires at the right time, so as long as you switch to another layout or stop updating the progress bar it should work correctly. The reason it goes down again is because the 'loadingprogress' expression has a second purpose: to reflect the loading progress when the game is downloading an update in the background (see offline games in Construct 2 for more info). The game is ready to run as soon as 'Is loading complete' fires, since it is fully downloaded, but offline caching (writing content to disk) takes longer and happens in the background while the game is still running. So in fact I believe it's working correctly.

The game should not block when going to other layouts after 'is loading complete' first fires. If you still have a problem with that, please submit another .capx that demonstrates the issue.

• Ok, I transmitted that to my teammate. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Nathan

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)