• 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Custom Slider Bar Tutorial. I don't have other remaining words to type here
  • Problem Description

____ The sliderbar stops working if you set it to invisible.____

Attach a Capx

____ https://www.dropbox.com/s/35vcjhkg5zrru ... g.rar?dl=0 ____

Description of Capx

____ The capx puts a sprite "above" the sliderbar and has 2 events to make it follow the movement of the slider. The whole idea is to cover up that ugly sliderbar with your own sprites. But of course we know you can't actually do that because(as I recently learned) the sliderbar is a Dom element, and those elements float above the canvas. So the next logical step is to set the sliderbar property "Initial visibility" to invisible. If you do that the sliderbar doesn't work anymore. ____

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Step 1 [Run the capx and see that the sprite follows the slider, and everything works fine.] Step 2 [Set the sliderbar object property "Initial visibility" to invisible.] Step 3 [Run the capx again.]

Observed Result

_____The slider no longer moves/works if set to invisible. ____

Expected Result

____The sliderbar should keep working regardless if it's set to invisible or not. ____

Affected Browsers

[YES] Chrome: (YES/NO) [YES] FireFox: (YES/NO) [YES] Internet Explorer: (YES/NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit(6.1, Build 7601) ____

Construct 2 Version ID

____ Release 200 (64-bit) ____

• Hi, you could just build your own slider without the sliderbar object, just with 2 sprites...

Its pretty easy:

Code: http://gyazo.com/f9f4ada5bc709d098a459e81e67590fa

Working example: http://gyazo.com/ab43df12a1a1d834373d359e5b234f00

kind regards

Patrick

• I know that j0schi but:

1. Why should I have to do that?

2. Just cause there is an alternative doesn't mean you shouldn't report bugs.

3. What do you think is easier for my music/sound volume: a "do it yourself" event sheet with half a page full of events with complicated formulas/actions in them in order to make my own slider; or using the sliderbar(beeing able to hide it so I can cover it with some nice sprites that fit the theme/look of my game) and then having one event on sliderbar changed action set volume to sliderbar value?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi Vikings, actually i think the build it your self way is state of the art in this case.

I also think, this might be hard to fix at it might be browser related (no ther option than do it this way?) and there are much more important bugs without workarround

kind regards

Patrick

• None taken j0schi .

and there are much more important bugs without workarround

While I agree with that in theory, the problem is that statement is completely subjective. For me this is the most important bug right now because this is the problem I am dealing with right now. Someone else has another problem and of course that is gonna be the most important bug for him... etc.

As to how hard/easy it is to fix I have no idea, might be super hard/might be super easy, Ashley can figure that part out and decide where to put it on the priority list.

Anyway untill then, thanks to Magistross 's brilliant idea, I now have a real workaround set sliderbar css style "opacity" to "0"

• Closing as won't fix: it's normal that invisible UI controls are not interactive. If the slider form control does not look like you want it to, you should probably build your own with sprites. The easiest thing to do is to just use the browser's own default slider control appearance though.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)