set animation action is not working as always

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This Girls Game allows young fashionistas to develop their taste and skills as a fashion designer.
  • I have been working with the set animation action for a long time until v 103.2 like this:

if I click with mouse, touch or keyboard key and you keep clicking or touching an object or holding a key on the keyboard the set animation action play the "x" animation from the beginning without looping as the "x" animation was placed without looping in the animations properties, the "x" animation just play once:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lajpcroakkfqsof/Construct2animationbugV103.2.capx

in v 104, 105, 106 and 107, if I click with mouse, touch or keyboard key and you keep clicking or touching an object or holding a key on the keyboard the set animation action play the "x" animation from the beginning without loop as the "x" animation was placed without looping in the animations properties, the "x" animation keep playing looping:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/96henc53gz1s5p9/Construct2animationbugV107.capx

My question is: Is this a bug?

• I just checked your capx..

if I'm holding down key, animation plays once

but if i hold down left mouse button, it keeps looping

checked on v107

might be a bug.. maybe Ashley could help

• I don't think this is itself a bug, but a result of a bug that was fixed recently.

'Is touching object' is always true so long as you are touching it. In r103.2, 'Set animation (play from beginning)' would be ignored if setting the same animation, and the animation had finished. In r107, 'Set animation (play from beginning)' is no longer ignored if setting the same animation and the animation has finished. IMO it actually makes more sense this way. If the "Running" animation has finished, and you say "Set animation to 'Running' (play from beginning)", it should be expected that the animation plays again.

Workaround: don't set animations to play from beginning every tick. Use 'On touched object' instead of 'Is touching object', 'On key pressed' rather than 'Is key down', etc.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley:

Thank you for your quick response... As always... I"ll try your advise... I didn't know that I was working with a bug... actually I was happy with the results... but what you say makes more sense...!!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)