According to Ashley in this thread: scirra.com/forum/suggestion-list_p758566
if we want to replace already existing audio in our project, we should just replace it in the project's folder in windows explorer. I tried that, but it still plays the old audio after replacing it.
Attach a Capx
Description of Capx
The project contains nothing but the Audio object, one audio file, and one event that plays the audio when the layout starts.
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- I created a new empty project and saved it to a new folder.
- I added an audio file called audioFile.wav to the project folder (in windows explorer). This file simply plays a chime sound.
- I right-clicked on the Sounds folder in the Projects view, clicked Import Sounds, chose audioFile.wav, and clicked Import.
- The file was successfully imported, leaving me with three audio files in the Projects view: audioFile.wav, audioFile.m4a, and audioFile.ogg.
- I added the Audio object to the project.
- I created a new event: System - On start of layout | Audio - play audioFile
- I ran the layout, and it works as expected; upon opening in Chrome, the sound plays.
- Next I took a different audio file (this one just says the word "yes") and also named it audioFile.wav; I moved it into the project folder and replaced the other audio file with it.
- I ran the layout again, but the new audio file did not play; it's still playing the older one (the chime sound).
The original audio still plays.
I expected the new audio to play.
- Chrome: YES
- FireFox: YES
- Internet Explorer: YES
Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 7 SP 1
Construct 2 Version ID
Release 168 (64-bit) (Free edition)