Received 'Check Failure! This is probably a bug' Message

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Pasted message as instructed:

---------------------------

Construct 2 Check failure

Check failure! This is probably a bug:

No property changed handler available when editing property

Condition: false

File: Bars\PropertiesBar.cpp

Line: 768

Function: void __cdecl CPropertiesBar::OnItemEdited(class CBCGPProp *,bool)

Build: release 237 (64-bit) checked

Component: Construct 2 IDE

(Last Win32 error: 0)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.

Abort Retry Ignore

Problem Description

____ A concise description of your problem here ____ Was changing the font/font size of text

Attach a Capx

____ Upload a Capx to this post ____ https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9jvtf0kdscctj4/bug.capx?dl=0

(how do you attach capx to the post?)

Description of Capx

____ Concise description of what this CapX does ____ blurring text

Steps to Reproduce Bug not sure

• Step 1
    • Step 2
    • Step 3 etc.

Was not previewing—was changing text size in layout editor when the message popped up. The questions below are not applicable as I haven't noticed anything affected yet

Observed Result

____ What happens? ____

Expected Result

____ What do you expect to happen? ____

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES/NO)
    • FireFox: (YES/NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

____ Your operating system and service pack ____

Construct 2 Version ID

____ Exact version ID of Construct 2 you're using ____ Release 237 (64-bit) checked

• What were the exact steps you did to produce the error?

Did you select a value with the mouse from the options?

Did you try typing a value?

I've changed the text numerous times to a variety of values and it hasn't given an error yet.

• I clicked on the ... on the font properties, changed font and to a smaller size and the error popped up either then when I clicked okay.

I don't really remember specifics because I was routinely just trying different fonts and sizes

• Tried resizing the text object in the layout and nothing went wrong, so closing as can't reproduce. I'm afraid generally if you can't find steps to reliably reproduce the problem, then it is not usually possible to resolve it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers...

Maybe I misread that as I was posting for your benefit not mine—I didn't require a resolution, sorry

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)