random respawn error

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • So I've been having problems with respawning am object. I designed a simple game where there is a square and when you click on it you gain 1 point. When you click on it the object respawns to a random location (which is what I wanted).

I did this by doing the following

'Set position'

X axis....random (950)

Y axis....random (450)

Since the screen has been set to 1280 x 715 it gives plenty of excess space so that the square does not go of the screen. The cube is 90x90.

So the problem is that when it respawns it occasionally goes half off the screen so only half of the cube is visible on the screen even when u set the randon position to 'x axis random (200)' and 'y axis random (100)' it still spawns partly off the screen. Any ideas????

Thanks so much

• zikdot

This is the section for bugs in the C2 software.

If you are saying there is a bug, then you must follow the bug reporting guidelines and include a.capx with precise instructions. If not, then Ashley will close this automatically.

To me, this just looks like a question that should be posted in the 'How Do I' section.

• Sorry just realised

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing as not a bug.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)