[r210] Fade opacity bug

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Problem Description

Fade behaviour doesn't respect opacity settings during runtime.

Attach a Capx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109921357/Fade%20bug/Fade_and_opacity_bug.capx

Description of Capx

Two sprites are placed on top of each other. The one on top have fade behaviour assigned.

At start of layout opacity for the blue square is set to 50%, but when the fade execute it goes to 100% opacity regardless of this.

However changing the opacity for the blue square in design mode, will make fade only go to 50% opacity.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Change opacity to either 100% or 50% in design mode run the program.

Observed Result

Changing opacity during runtime doesn't work with fade behaviour only if it is done in design mode.

Expected Result

That it would be same regardless of where opacity is changed.

Affected Browsers

Tested with IE 10 and NW.js and its the same for both.

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7

Construct 2 Version ID

r210

• This is by design: because the fade behavior is active on startup, it retrieves the opacity to fade to when it is created, before 'On start of layout' triggers. After that it controls the object opacity, so your 'Set opacity' action is overridden.

The workaround ought to be to have the fade behavior inactive on start, and use the 'Start fade' action after the 'Set opacity' action. However I noticed this did not work, but fixed that for the next build.

• This is by design: because the fade behavior is active on startup, it retrieves the opacity to fade to when it is created, before 'On start of layout' triggers. After that it controls the object opacity, so your 'Set opacity' action is overridden.

The workaround ought to be to have the fade behavior inactive on start, and use the 'Start fade' action after the 'Set opacity' action. However I noticed this did not work, but fixed that for the next build.

Cheers Ashley much appreciated

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

I was making a game using fade-in and I used this as a feature that regardless of what opacity the sprite has the object will still fade-in to 100% opacity but after the update to r217 my object doesn't fade to a 100% from 25% anymore. It only fades-in from 0% to 25%. Is there a way to restore this feature? Ashley?

• > This is by design: because the fade behavior is active on startup, it retrieves the opacity to fade to when it is created, before 'On start of layout' triggers. After that it controls the object opacity, so your 'Set opacity' action is overridden.

>

> The workaround ought to be to have the fade behavior inactive on start, and use the 'Start fade' action after the 'Set opacity' action. However I noticed this did not work, but fixed that for the next build.

>

I was making a game using fade-in and I used this as a feature that regardless of what opacity the sprite has the object will still fade-in to 100% opacity but after the update to r217 my object doesn't fade to a 100% from 25% anymore. It only fades-in from 0% to 25%. Is there a way to restore this feature? Ashley?

This is a closed bug report, and as the pinned header states, please don't post in this section.

If you think you have a bug, post a new topic in the Bugs section, making sure to follow ALL of the bug reporting requirements, if you wish it to be investigated by Ashley.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)