[r203] Renaming objects will switch Properties panel display

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Welcome! I-Spy (Hidden objects) is an educational puzzle that is more than just seek-and-find activities.
  • Problem Description

Renaming any kind of object will make Properties panel switch to Project settings.

Attach a Capx

Any project from templates or examples

Description of Capx

Not needed, it's editor issue.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Open any project
    • Select any object
    • Rename it

Observed Result

Same as description. Renaming will cause editor to switch from Object properties to Project properties

Expected Result

After renaming current object, Properties panel should still show properties for that object

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: NO
    • FireFox: NO
    • Internet Explorer: NO

Operating System and Service Pack

Win 8.1 64bit

Construct 2 Version ID

C2 r203

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Do you mean it switches to the "layout propeties"?

In that case it is not a bug it is a default function when you click on the layoutview to confirm the new name.

You can change the name and press "Enter" to confirm the new name without changing it to layout propeties.

• Are you serious with this question?

If yes then:

No.

I don't meant "layout properties", also If I would change the name and then click somewhere else I would put that into a bug description and steps to reproduce because that kind of thing could be crucial for fixing the bug.

Ashley

This still happens in r204.2. For example renaming a Sprite from Properties panel works fine, but renaming it from Projects panel will switch from Sprite Properties to Project properties.

• Don't be mean, I just thought you're a beginner or not aware of that function.

(Your profile shows that you are not, sorry...)

EDIT Also you are right about that, please add the details you commented to the "steps to reproduce". (Project Panel)

• Should be fixed in the next build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)