(r202) Scale problems on Mobile (Mobile Safari/Chrome)

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple fun and stylish endless scroller game ready to be customized and published.
  • Hi there!

I've been having some troubles on exporting some games for both web and mobile web. The games are working quite fine on PC web browsers (IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox). Although, when it comes to the mobile browsers, some weird stuff happens. First of all, the scale changes. But it's not the whole game scales, just the textures. If you place a button on the screen, it's collider stays wherever it should be, so you can click it, but without seeing it. It zooms like 3~4x on the upper left corner.

On this .capx, I was able to reproduce this error. If you export it on the 800,600 resolution and open it on iPad 4's Safari (and some other ipads aswell), you can see that the bug happens. But exporting into some other resolutions (such as 880,660 or 720,540) doesn't have the same effect.

Somehow, on the 940x540

Note: I'm not being able to place the URL, although, I was able to do it with a brand new project and an 800x600 image.

I've been trying on iPads 3/4/5, Nabi Dreamtab (Android 4.4.2) and Geeksphone KEON (Firefox OS 1.3)

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 Export this project on 800x600 resolution.
    • Step 2 Open it on iPad 3/4/5 on Safari Browser.

Observed Result

It seems to be bugging just some specific resolutions. It has happened to me on 800x600, 940x570 and 900x540.

Expected Result

It should open normally, even if it is bigger than the screen (you know, scrollbars).

Affected Browsers

On Mobile Browser:

• Chrome: (YES)
    • Firefox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (Didn't test)
    • Safari: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 Service Pack 1

Construct 2 Version ID

r202 (r200, r195 aswell)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing, please attach a .capx to bug reports as per the guidelines. If the anti-spam filter removes your link, remove the http and www parts of the URL.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)