[R200] Platform behaviour; Stuck on solids.

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Wanting to do a Shot n Run game easily? Here is your chance!
  • Problem Description

In some circumstances of Flipping and Mirroring, instances that use platform behaviour can get stuck on corners of solids that are not positioned on straight angles.

Attach a Capx

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0jUjWN7LcQhQl9icUdEY1hycUE/view?usp=sharing

Description of Capx

Capx contains only 6 events responsible for automatic movement using platform behaviour, as well as stage with several solids.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

Create copy of my events, respectively one by one.

Observed Result

In my demo they do get stuck when moving to the left.

Expected Result

Instances not getting stuck.

Affected Browsers

Tested only in NW.js

Operating System and Service Pack

Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320,

Construct 2 Version ID

R200

• Hi megatronx. If you zoom in to a ridiculous amount you will see that the corners (where your rotated black tiled background objects meet the flat tiled background object ) are not perfectly aligned, causing jagged edges that are "catching" the bottom corner of your platformer objects.

I wish there was a setting for the platformer behavior to set how sensitive/forgiving the behavior was about such incredibly tiny details/imperfections in the terrain.

To me, this is at such a high resolution it really should be considered a bug....

However, the solution is to not use tiled objects like this for angles... you should design tiles (using the tilemap support or Sprites) that, when using snap to grid are guaranteed to line up perfectly and not cause such jagged imperfections in the terrain.

Cheers,

Mike

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Closing since as says this appears to be an issue with the level design.

Please also always test only the latest version of C2, and as many platforms as possible, not just one.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)