[R198] Multiplayer Bug

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Problem Description

In version R198 peers does not create anymore or only if i switch to host windows. If i switch back to peer windows i can move the peer but it will removed after some seconds from screen.

I tested it with my multiplayer project and the official multiplayer example. On version R197 both works fine for me.

Sorry for my bad english.

Screenshots

R198

R197

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Opera: (YES)

Construct 2 Version ID

R198

• Closing, it seems to work OK here, and your report needs to follow the guidelines for it to be investigated. Note we did not make any changes at all to the multiplayer engine in r198 so this is more likely to do with networking issues.

• Ashley, its the same problem me had ...

the window in tab got inactive ...

can't send u a pm!

• Closing, it seems to work OK here, and your report needs to follow the guidelines for it to be investigated. Note we did not make any changes at all to the multiplayer engine in r198 so this is more likely to do with networking issues.

It cant be a networking problem because it onlys happens in version R198. I reinstall version R197 and both multiplayer projects works fine for me.

And no, i don't use any 3rd party plugin in the multiplayer realtime example.

• Nickel,

Ashley act a little bit hastily in closing "bug" reports^^

in r198 the sync did not work anymore if a tab is hidden or the window is minimized.

the sprites go hidden and reappear. can agree it was fine in r197 and before.

so i guess there was any changes or maybe old bug fixes was lost.

why not compare the changes from r197 to r198?

it can also happens if the multiplayer object without changes get intern from c2 some other input.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley

In multiplater plugin, runtime.js line 316

if (e.data === "tick" && self.runtime.isSuspended)
    {
        self.runtime.tick(true);
    }[/code:2wdt23hh]

It would call tick() during runtime.isSuspended = true ( by webworker)

But in preview.js line 1942
    [code:2wdt23hh]if (!debug_step && (this.isSuspended || background_wake))
        return;[/code:2wdt23hh]
    It would do nothing while runtime.isSuspended = true
    (Also, runtime.tick(true) would not tick because that background_wake = true, so it still does nothing. )

So that the MP does not tick during suspended at all.
  • Sorry for the wrong close, you're right, it was broken in r198. Should be fixed in the next build.

• thanks

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)