[r188] Sine (Angle) seems broken via events

0 favourites
  • 14 posts
From the Asset Store
Forget about default textbox restrictions, you can create sprites atop of the textbox
  • Sine (Angle mode) doesn't work anymore IF enabled via events. If i set it enabled right from the start it does work, but if it starts disabled and then i enable it in an event, nothing. Other sine modes seem to work, but not Angle.

Note: there may be possible bugs with the other sines as well, sprites Size / Position changes for example seem to be permanent now, this could have something to do with the last sine fix in r188.

• Yes there are problems with the sine behavior, even with the horizontal movement when you disable then enable the sprite will go set new X position.

I will return to r 187 for now.

• Its working, its just not using the preset values.

However you can set them directly after you enable the behavior.

• Its working, its just not using the preset values.

However you can set them directly after you enable the behavior.

Yes it works, but there is something very odd happening, i suspect the Magnitude value isn't working correctly when you enable it via events, and with low values it looks like it's not working at all.

• "Sine behavior: now reads initial state again when being set active, so it respects any changes in the state of the object"

Considering that the only previous state it knew was disabled, it may actually be working, ... sort of.

• Yes i was aware of that change and it must be caused by it as i wrote previously. I'm preparing a capx with a proper bug report, even though i was sure the bug was explicit.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok what this mean, is't a bug or we should change our games ?

• The value will be changed if you deactivate then activate the behavior.

• The value will be changed if you deactivate then activate the behavior.

Exactly, you made if quicker than me, i was doing the same capx.

• Yeah thats pretty buggy.

Someone should submit a proper bug report tho...

OP's is not formatted correctly.

• I'll do it later this evening when i get back home, if A0Nasser doesn't preceeds me as he did with the capx. I'll use his capx for the report since he made it

• Danwood sure you can use it.

• I just wasted one hour trying to figure this out and why my game behaves so weirdly until I noticed that sine behavior is broken after its set inactive and back to active like you guys wrote.

• r188 made an unintentional breaking change. It's reverted with an alternative solution for the next beta.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)