[r185] Check failure

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Problem Description

Got this error when quitting C2 with a project with changes to be saved (had the * next to the name)

---------------------------
    Construct 2 Check failure
    Check failure!  This is probably a bug:

Project still marked as changed after save

Condition: autosave || !project->IsChanged()
    File: Construct2.cpp
    Line: 2238
    Function: bool __cdecl CConstruct2App::SaveProject(class Project *,bool,bool)
    Build: release 185 (64-bit) checked
    Component: Construct 2 IDE
    (Last Win32 error: 0)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way.  Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports!  Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.
    Anular   Repetir   Ignorar   
    ---------------------------[/code:m996gewa]
    Clicked "Repeat" and then C2 closed. My changes weren't saved (on the .caproj) but the autosaved .capx was fine

This has happened around 4 times in one month, with older versions as well

Nothing to attach or steps to reproduce. It happens very rarely and with different projects

[b]Operating System and Service Pack[/b]
    Windows 7 ultimate

[b]Construct 2 Version ID[/b]
    r185
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've never seen this nor is there much I can do without steps to reproduce it or at least an indication of what your preferences are. Is there any more information you can provide?

Does it work correctly if you press "ignore"? If so perhaps the check could simply be removed...

• I've never seen this nor is there much I can do without steps to reproduce it or at least an indication of what your preferences are. Is there any more information you can provide?

Does it work correctly if you press "ignore"? If so perhaps the check could simply be removed...

Ok, so the last time I think I pressed another button instead of "Repeat".

It happened again, and clicking "ignore" goes back to C2. I can press ctrl+s but it doesn't save.

I used "save as project" to a different folder, and then I can save normally again. But my project kept the * near the name. Closing and reopening the project solves this last problem, and I can save normally again

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)