I've greated a game with Crosswalk and I'm using the build-in admob plugin from scirra to load my ads. At Crosswalk I'm using the Plugin from cranberrygame.
I've integrated a toggle button to toggle of the banners. Then the FPS goes up to ~60. Then I turned the banner back on and the FPS drops to ~40
Attach a Capx
I can't attach the whole cpax file but here is the ads part.
Description of Capx
I'm using a variable to allowing the player to switch ads on or off. If ads are on a banner ad will be shown (top or bottom).
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Download the game here: http://envato.wdbase.de/download/demos/ ... signed.apk
- Click/touch on the little setting icon and turn 'Debug Mode' and 'Ads' on.
- Click on the X or on the setting icon again to close the panel. Then click 'start game' and choose the level 1
- Now the FPS will be shown at the left bottom corner (Note: text ads are fine, only rich-media Ads are causing this FPS drops. Just toggle 'ads' on and off again till a rich media ad is shown.
- Click Pause and go back to menu. Now switch only 'ads' off and start again the first level. And the FPS are back at ~60.
FPS drop from 60 to 40 when rich media banners are shown. Text ads are fine
Game should be stable at 60 FPS
Operating System and Service Pack
Windows 8.1 64 Bit
Construct 2 Version ID