R178 "All Preloads Complete" Chrome for Android

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
  • Problem Description

The "All Preloads Complete" condition becomes true too early on Chrome for Android

Attach a Capx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/207 ... test2.capx

Description of Capx

Preloads a long sound, waits for preloads to complete, and then plays it. It also tries to grab the duration of the sound.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Preview the capx over WiFi.
    • Use Chrome for Android to view the preview
    • Observe result.

Observed Result

Preview reports that preloading is complete, and the sound duration is 0. Shortly after, the sound begins playing.

Expected Result

Preview reports that preloading is complete, then reports the sound duration as 25.5557918549 (or something close to that) while simultaneously playing the sound.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (NO)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Node-Webkit: (NO)
    • Chrome for Android: (YES) (Also affects Crosswalk export)
    • FireFox for Android: (NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 Home (64-bit)

Android 4.3 on a Samsung Galaxy S3

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 178 (64-bit)

Also tested Release 177 (64-bit), still a problem there.

Additional Notes

If I remove the 0.5 second wait after preloads are complete, it will often report the duration as 0 on the above browsers that I state are not affected. While this is not a big issue for me, it may be a problem for someone else at some point.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I could reproduce in desktop Chrome here. I think it's because "preloads complete" only means downloaded, and is true even if the audio file hasn't decoded yet. I've changed it so 'all preloads complete' also waits for audio decoding to complete, so it will have all the audio details available immediately as well.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)