[r175] No Boolean variable option

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Easily store, modify, read and manipulate colors with Color Variables!
  • Problem Description

When creating a new variable, the Boolean option in the Type dropdown menu does not appear.

Attach a Capx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0mxmw2ygzmz8 ... 1-1-1.capx

Description of Capx

Nothing related to the game I'm working on...

As described, I try to create a local or global variable and set it to Boolean, but the option isn't there.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Right-click to open an option dialogue window in the event windows (either in the open space or in a Group or nested Event line).
    • Add a local/global variable
    • Select Type for the variable and notice that the Boolean option isn't present.

Observed Result

No Boolean option available.

Expected Result

For a Boolean option to be present.

Affected Browsers

N/A

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1

Construct 2 Version ID

r175

• Um, I don't think we ever had a global Boolean.

• Yeah, i got r173 and i don't have global boolean too, and i don't remember that i ever had it.

• *sincerely dumbfounded* Really? I could have sworn......

Odd that I've never noticed until now.

Okay...speaking from my utter ignorance, why wouldn't there be a global Boolean? I mean, would it be redundant? Somehow break the system? Something else that completely evades me?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • No really great reason really other than globals are the same across the whole game, and could possibly be an issue to security since you cant obfuscate a string.

Then again you can use text as a Boolean anyway, so its really just the difference between potato, and potato.

• Good point. Okay. Well...everyone move along. Nothing to see here!

• Rhindon - There's no global booleans in C2, use global numbers instead and use 0 as false and 1 as true.

• Tetriser - Yeah, that's the conclusion I've been made aware of. I just never realized it before...go figure that I've never tried to use a global Boolean until now. LOL

• This is a feature oversight: it exists for instance variables but not globals. It's on the todo list.

• Ashley - AH! Sweet deal. Thank you, Ashley.

On a totally side note, I was just wondering if there are any plans to add new features to the animation/drawing editor? I'm simply curious. Well, that and the fact that I'm a lone developer and NOT an artist. LOL

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)