[r173] Image Deduplication doesn't work properly

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Problem Description

Image Deduplication doesn't work properly, if sprite has an animation which re-uses the same frame in several places (e.g. in A B A C A D or A A A A A A form)

Attach a Capx

[attachment=0:15c465xx][/attachment:15c465xx]

Description of Capx

Sprite with a tree animation.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Edit Sprite animations.
    • Duplicate frame №0 3 times or duplicate animation "Default" 3 times (or how much times you want)
    • Export to html5 or cocoonjs or anything else
    • Open destination folder and see that in spritesheet you have 4 same pictures (Or more).

Observed Result

Construct 2 exports 4 absolutely same frames to a spritesheet and deduplication doesn't delete the unnecessary pics.

Expected Result

Construct 2 looks for and removes duplicate images. Interesting that if i clone Sprite object type, deduplication works properly and only 1 frame exported.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 64bit, Windows 8 64bit.

Construct 2 Version ID

r173

• Oh, and if you duplicate the zero frame only 2 times, you will see that you have 3 identical spritesheets

[attachment=1:1s8hesqd][/attachment:1s8hesqd]

If more, you will see something like that

[attachment=0:1s8hesqd][/attachment:1s8hesqd]

• Yep

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 8.1 Update 1 (64-bits)

Construct 2 Version ID

Release 174 (64-bits)

• I think it's working as intended. I heard about non duplicate frames. But I've never seen it. I had someone give me a classical animation sprite sheet(as in all files in a directory). and that's duplicated frames... alot. I've heard of non duplicate, but I don't think it's based on image checking. I think it's somethign else.

I wish C2 went to image atlasing and used refences for sprite images to use. Including cycles.

• I think it's working as intended. I heard about non duplicate frames. But I've never seen it. I had someone give me a classical animation sprite sheet(as in all files in a directory). and that's duplicated frames... alot. I've heard of non duplicate, but I don't think it's based on image checking. I think it's somethign else.

I wish C2 went to image atlasing and used refences for sprite images to use. Including cycles.

Image deduplication

As a tutorial said, it checks images and should remove duplicated frames. Also, it was discussed here.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the report, this is a good catch. It turns out the deduplicator was removing identical images between object types, but not within the same object type (so duplicate images in the same animation were still exported). I'm not sure if this never worked or if it's something we broke recently, but either way, it should be fixed in the next build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)