[r173] Black screen on node webkit preview/debug

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Node Downloader is a plugin for download file for Construct 3 and construct 2 game engine
  • Problem Description

Heyla,

iam getting a black screen on every project when iam using Node-Webkit as preview browser via "run layout" or "debug layout". Node Webkit ist running fine, no crash or anything else. The screen just stays black. This does happen to any kind of project even in C2 templates and examples. Exporting the project does work fine, no black screen. Cause of this I expect a kind of permission problem. I checked all writing and reading permissions for the C2 folder, started C2 as admin, no result. Any idea how to fix this?

"https://www.scirra.com/manual/162/node-webkit" does tell me the "preview folder" is <install path>\exporters\html5\node-webkit\win32. So I checked the folder for any changes or a package.nw while the preview is running. No changes occur.

[Edit] Would be thankfull if somebody could please confirm or refuse this behaviour on his own machine.

Attach a Capx

____ Upload a Capx to this post ____

Description of Capx

every capx

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• problem does occur for me at every project, every single time using "run" or "debug"
    • does only happen via Node-Webkit, no other browser affected
    • [EDIT] this also occurs when using NodeWebkit.ShowDevTools, the console window is also displayed black, also only in preview mode. For exported projects the console is working fine
    • [EDIT] background music is woking fine even in preview mode. So it should be a kind of rendering problem?

Observed Result

Black screen in preview mode

Expected Result

Application running

Affected Browsers

• Node-Webkit: (YES)
    • Chrome: (NO)
    • FireFox: (NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

Win 7 64bit SP1

Construct 2 Version ID

R173

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Workaround...

Black screen in Preview Mode does only happen to me on NW Version 0.9.2. I replaced the files in <install path>\exporters\html5\node-webkit\win32 by the files of version v0.10.0-rc1 and deleted the "incudt.dll" cause it has been replaced in this version. Preview and Debug are both working this way.

Repository: "https://github.com/rogerwang/node-webkit"

BUT, there is still a problem with export. v0.10.0-rc1 does remove the "incudt.dll" but is also adding "incudtl.dat" instead. The C2 exporter does not export this file so I have to add the "incudtl.dat" manualy to the export folder to make my application work.

• Try using r175. It bundles node-webkit 0.10.0-rc1 already.

Nobody else has reported this issue and I can't reproduce it either in r175. It sounds like it's already fixed for you anyway in the latest node-webkit, so closing.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)