I have a problem with Mouse event On Left button Clicked and Buttons which doesn't work. What is more interesting, Mouse event On Double-Clicked with buttons works!
I'm not exactly sure is it a bug a not, but I can't find any information about my issue anywhere and it can be seen that in previous versions of Construct 2 (i.e. in section The Event Sheet) Mouse event On Left button Clicked on Button worked.
Attach a Capx
Example file is attachment to this post.
Description of Capx
On presented layout four things can be seen:
-textbox - here all debug texts are written,
-button #1 [Mouse on click] - it has event Mouse On Left button Clicked and it should set a text to textbox but it doesn't,
-button #2 [Button on click] - it has event Button On clicked, it sets a text to textbox without problem,
-sprite - it has event Mouse On Left button Clicked and it sets a text to textbox without problem.
Why sprite with Mouse On Left button Clicked event works and button #1 with the same event doesn't?
Steps to Reproduce Bug
- Create a new project.
- Double click on Layout and place a new object - button.
- Double click on Layout and place a new object - textbox.
- Double click on Layout and place a new object - Mouse.
- Go to Event sheet and add event for Mouse On Left button Clicked on Button and as an action select Textbox and Set Text property with any text value.
- Run an application and click on button which won't work.
Button with Mouse event on left button clicked doesn't work.
After left click button, text box should be filled with text.
- Chrome: Yes
- FireFox: Yes
- Internet Explorer: Yes
Operating System and Service Pack
Construct 2 Version ID