r164: Black screen when running exported projects

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Adjusting the game screen for different resolutions (Letterbox scale)
  • Problem Description

After exporting any game with Multiplayer implemented in the project the game will load up with a black screen when reaching in the browser, with only button and textbox objects showing through and music playing. This only occurs with exported versions of the game, the preview version run directly from Construct 2 works normally.

The following errors are shown in the console in Chrome when running the unchanged, exported form of the Real-Time Multiplayer example:

Uncaught ReferenceError: cr is not defined 		c2mp.js:811
    C2Multiplayer.doPings 					c2mp.js:811
    (anonymous function) 					c2mp.js:148[/code:se62z37r]

The following error also occurs in Chrome, though less frequently (the errors are cycling down):
    [code:se62z37r] Uncaught ReferenceError: cr is not defined 		c2mp.js:1314
    C2Multiplayer.getHostInputArrivalTime 			c2mp.js:1314
    h.ss 							c2runtime.js:275
    h.Qb 							c2runtime.js:272
    k.Ar 							c2runtime.js:101
    k.Qb 							c2runtime.js:98
    k.setSuspended 						c2runtime.js:84
    window.cr_setSuspended 					c2runtime.js:138
    onVisibilityChanged					index.html:107
    [Construct 2] Suspending [/code:se62z37r]

Also gives more when trying to run the project from a Node.Webkit export:
    [code:se62z37r]Uncaught node.js Error 

ReferenceError: cr is not defined
        at C2Multiplayer.getHostInputArrivalTime (file:///C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Local/Temp/nw3316_17555/c2mp.js:1314:11)
        at h.ss (file:///C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Local/Temp/nw3316_17555/c2runtime.js:275:93)
        at h.Qb (file:///C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Local/Temp/nw3316_17555/c2runtime.js:272:342)
        at k.Ar (file:///C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Local/Temp/nw3316_17555/c2runtime.js:101:95)
        at k.Qb (file:///C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Local/Temp/nw3316_17555/c2runtime.js:98:46)
        at k.Wq (file:///C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Local/Temp/nw3316_17555/c2runtime.js:95:194)
        at k.go (file:///C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Local/Temp/nw3316_17555/c2runtime.js:92:201)
        at eval (file:///C:/Users/<username>/AppData/Local/Temp/nw3316_17555/c2runtime.js:93:524)[/code:se62z37r]

[b]Capx[/b]
    Happens with real-time multiplayer example provided with r164.

[b]Steps to Reproduce Bug[/b]
    [ul]
        [li] Step 1: Export project with multiplayer functions built in to HTML5 or Node.Webkit
        [/li][li] Step 2: Upload and run the game (or run directly for Node.Webkit)[/li][/ul]

[b]Observed Result[/b]
    The game area will be black, with the exception of button and text box objects if there were any on the layout. Music will still play, and some sounds will play.

[b]Expected Result[/b]
    The game to load and play how it does in the preview from Construct 2.

[b]Affected Browsers[/b]
    [ul]
        [li] Chrome: YES
        [/li][li] FireFox: YES
        [/li][li] Internet Explorer: NO (Multiplayer not supported)[/li][/ul]

[b]Operating System and Service Pack[/b]
    Windows 8.1 64-bit

[b]Construct 2 Version ID[/b]
    r164 64-bit
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I can also verify this, I've also experience this same issue as The issue only happens when you export your project with Minify enabled.

Temporary Fix

Uncheck Minify script box then re-export your project.

Tested:

NodeWebkit

Chrome

Opera

• Unchecking minify scripts does the trick. Nice that there's at least a work around so I can get to testing, for now. Thanks!

I'll add that unchecking the minify script also lets it work in Firefox.

• Fixed in next build.

• same problem, here i spent that night solving that,, and finally found that forum.,,, omg lol

,,,,,,, i really don't know what I, did but once it was working ............... on googledrive

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)