r148/r149 Jump-Thru Platform Bug (slopes)

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

dropbox.com/s/l60u90bgt4agdn2/slopeissues_01.capx

Steps to reproduce:

1. Approach jump-through tile from left and at a greater y position, travelling up-slope

2. Fall through

3. Rinse, repeat

Observed result:

Falling through jump-thru platforms when approached from below (greater y position) and to the left, and going up a slope.

You'll notice some weirdness in the way the walking sound is triggered based on first collision with a collision tile, even though the events that control it are very simple. Walk to the right, it works properly. Walk to the left, and it only triggers half the time. Maybe it's a collision problem connected to the falling through issue with the Jump-Thru behavior?

Expected result:

Not to fall through jump-thru platforms. This error only occurs when approaching a jump-thru platform from the left and at a greater y value, and when travelling up-slope.

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes

Firefox: yes

Internet Explorer: yes

Operating system & service pack:

Win7 latest

Construct 2 version:

r148, r149

• I'm afraid the jump-thru behavior just doesn't support slopes at the moment. I've updated the manual to note this. Just switch to the Solid behavior and your example should work.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I'm afraid the jump-thru behavior just doesn't support slopes at the moment. I've updated the manual to note this. Just switch to the Solid behavior and your example should work.

That still leaves the issue of collisions working differently depending on which direction the player is moving (see provided example in OP).

That also won't work for the game project I'm using jump-thru platforms in, which requires the ability of multiple co-op players to jump through platforms as well as climb ladders in front of platforms.

Can you suggest a workaround with the Solid behavior that still allows multiple player characters to jump through platforms as well as climb ladders in front of platforms?

See here for example of workaround requirements in player control (right mouse jumps, standard controls move):

pixelmetal.com/sombrero

Jump-thru also seems to work except for the one use case described in the OP. Is there a timeframe for when this may be fixed?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)