[r128] Can't load project due to error.

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

na

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open C2

2. Load project

Observed result:

---------------------------

Construct 2 Check failure

Check failure! This is probably a bug:

Action ID does not appear to exist in related behavior

Condition: behavior_type->GetBehavior()->HasActionID(act_id)

File: Projects\EventAction.cpp

Line: 43

Function: __cdecl EventAction::EventAction(class EventBlock &,class ObjectClass *,class BehaviorType *,int,class std::vector<class std::unique_ptr<class EventParameter,struct std::default_delete<class EventParameter> >,class std::allocator<class std::unique_ptr<class EventParameter,struct std::default_delete<class EventParameter> > > > &&,unsigned __int64)

Build: release 128 (64-bit) checked

Component: Construct 2 IDE

(Last Win32 error: 0)

You are using a 'checked' release of Construct 2, intended for testing, which causes certain errors to be reported this way. Hit Ctrl+C to copy this messagebox - it's useful information for the developers, so please include it with any bug reports! Click 'Abort' to quit (unsaved data will be lost!),'Retry' to turn off messages for this session and continue, or 'Ignore' to continue normally.

Abort   Retry   Ignore   

Expected result:

Project loads

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes/no

Firefox: yes/no

Internet Explorer: yes/no

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 8 Latest.

Construct 2 version:

r128

I can't load a capx at this point...will try to help. Is there a way to debug this on my own?

• You NEED to post the .capx.

This error is generally caused by a faulty, non-standard plugin, but unless you post a .capx, who can say?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You NEED to post the .capx.

This error is generally caused by a faulty, non-standard plugin, but unless you post a .capx, who can say?

I can't even open it to make a capx, I always save as folders. I could zip up the folders...but it would be like 500 megs+

Is there a way to manually check it via the caproj?

• If you open the .caproj in a text editor, you can see all the plugins and behaviors that the project uses.

As an example, a project that uses a plugin from R0J0hound looks like the following:

<used-plugins>

<plugin author="Scirra" id="Arr" version="1">Array</plugin>

<plugin author="Scirra" id="Mouse" version="1">Mouse</plugin>

<plugin author="R0J0hound" id="c2canvas" version="1.700000048">Canvas</plugin>

</used-plugins>

As you can see, his plugin sticks out, so if I got your error with this example, I would suspect R0J0's plugin, and I would ask him for help.

I'm not saying it definitely is the fault of a non-standard plugin, but it usually is.

• If you open the .caproj in a text editor, you can see all the plugins and behaviors that the project uses.

As an example, a project that uses a plugin from R0J0hound looks like the following:

<used-plugins>

</used-plugins>

As you can see, his plugin sticks out, so if I got your error with this example, I would suspect R0J0's plugin, and I would ask him for help.

I'm not saying it definitely is the fault of a non-standard plugin, but it usually is.

Cool, thats what I needed. I'm sure it's a plugin, I have a ton of them loaded along with my own...

<used-plugins>

</used-plugins>

I tried deleting references one by one, I still get this error even when all the plugins, behaviors and effects are blank.

• You can't just delete the reference.

What you should do is create a dummy project, and add the plugins you have seen in the broken project one at a time, save then re-load. Hopefully the dummy project will eventually break, and you should have a suspect plugin.

• You can't just delete the reference.

What you should do is create a dummy project, and add the plugins you have seen in the broken project one at a time, save then re-load. Hopefully the dummy project will eventually break, and you should have a suspect plugin.

I tried this and it loaded, so there is something breaking inside the rest of the project I think. I tried removing everything related to the plugins as well, ctrl+f to find all references and then remove them. Still can't get it to load. So there has to be something in there.

The problem is my caproj is like 10,000 lines, so it's not something I can just scroll through to fix.

• Solved: Please Close.

I noticed it was looking for an action ID in the error and couldn't find it. I was recently working on a plugin and added an action to it. It was working yesterday, but it seems like my editor was still open when I shut down the computer. It reverted my changes to before the time I Added the action.

This meant there was a reference in my game to a behavior action, that didn't exist. Thus the error was born.

Thanks notepad++.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)