r128 autocorrect bug

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

Not needed for this to be tested.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Try to write Random() and you will end up with Random2(). It doesn't matter if you write Random(5) you still end up writing Random2(5).

Observed result: Random2()

Expected result: Random()

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes/no

Firefox: yes/no

Internet Explorer: yes/no

Operating system & service pack: Windows 7

Construct 2 version:

r128

• I don't see that bug (I have construct 2 r128/64 on win7).

• Can't reproduce, if I type in "random(5)" I get "random(5)". Is there something in your project called "random2" which it's picking up?

• Ashley

It actually seems that I do have variables called Random2 and Random3, but that's only half of the issue here. Why does it replace what I type? Shouldn't it be suggesting like google does and not trying to force me to write junk? I hope this auto correct turns into auto suggestion.

• I tried adding two global variables called random2 and random3 and I still couldn't get the problem to occur, if I type "random(" I get "random(". Closing, please provide a .capx if you want this to be investigated further (this is why we always ask for a .capx from the start...!)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ah, I just noticed the autocomplete is case sensitive. The system expression is lowercase ("random") and if you make a global variable with uppercase ("Random2"), and you type an uppercase R, it will prefer to autocomplete the match with the same case (in this case the global variable). I've turned off case sensitivity in autocomplete for the next build.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)