[R124] Auto scaling

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
  • Link to .capx file (required!):

CAPX by email.

goo.gl/oT46J

Steps to reproduce:

Hello Mr. Ashley,

I'm having trouble with this game, because I don't have idea of why the hell the enemy sprite is increasing his size on the temporary canvas.

I did a test on a specific step of the project, making on the start of the screen to the layer scale to 200%, was not what I was looking for, so, I decided to undo all the job, and after it, the enemy still scaling but now, over the time, and I watched all the code, including the XML to find any mistake or residual code, and found nothing.

Edited: Ashley , I found the cause, but it's more weird than before... I set the enemy to play an animation without loop, and everytime he finish the animation, shot, and restart. After trying to isolate the problem, I disabled the restart animation action and it stoped to resize, but stoped to loop the animation too...

Also, because of that other problem I had, while editing the sprites outside the Construct 2 and reloading them, the first sprite was not updated, and after reloading this specific sprite, it update his size to be a little bit bigger than the others, but on the original image, it's not. So, all these steps whould contribute for this problem.

If you have the first frame bigger than the others, and restart an animation manually, the sprite will increase or decrease his size.

Observed result:

The enemy ships are scaling when it's not supposed to happen.

Expected result:

Still the same size.

Browsers affected:

Chrome: yes

Firefox: yes

Internet Explorer: yes

Operating system & service pack:

Windows 8

Construct 2 version:

R124

• Please only submit bug reports with .capx projects made from scratch demonstrating the issue alone. It's almost impossible to debug larger projects, and it is often just a mistake in the events too.

• Sorry Ashley, I sent the CAPX by email.

Here is an video of how the process is happening. I think a CAPX without the video wouldn't help that much too.

[tube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdiUbnukD1c[/tube]

• Can you share the .capx you made in the video? It always helps. It saves time and makes sure I have the same project as you.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ah, I see now, thanks. Should be fixed in the next build. Please always provide a .capx like that straight away - I could fix it almost as soon as you provided it, whereas I was struggling to even understand the problem before.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)