"Converted to AAC but failed to convert to OGG" - r228

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Problem Description

When I try to import any WAV (even from C2 bundle) I see the same error "Converted to AAC but failed to convert to OGG"

P.S. original topic is here

Attach a Capx

Just create new empty project

Description of Capx

Empty

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Install C2 r223-r228
    • Create new empty project
    • Import any WAV (for example from bundle)

Observed Result

"Converted to AAC but failed to convert to OGG"

Expected Result

WAV should also be converted to OGG

Affected Browsers

It does not depend on browser

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 Home Extended Service Pack1 32bit

Construct 2 Version ID

r228 (but the bug firstly appeared in r223)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Your .WAVS are probaly not 16-bit PCM. But 32-bit PCM S24 LE or something like that.

A WAV file is a container and can have many codecs.

Convert them to the right format first.

(by instance here: http://online-audio-converter.com/ convert to WAV on 'good')

• Your .WAVS are probaly not 16-bit PCM. But 32-bit PCM S24 LE or something like that.

No, my files are 16 bit PCM 44100 Hz.

Please read carefully the description of the bug - I tried all WAV files from C2 personal license bundle.

Also read this information

• Please include all relevant information in the bug report itself. I found the source .wav file from the thread you linked to, but it imports fine. r228 also includes exactly the same encoders as r221 used - I literally installed r221 and copy-pasted the encoders over to r228 - so I don't know what could be happening if that didn't fix it...

• Please include all relevant information in the bug report itself. I found the source .wav file from the thread you linked to, but it imports fine. r228 also includes exactly the same encoders as r221 used - I literally installed r221 and copy-pasted the encoders over to r228 - so I don't know what could be happening if that didn't fix it...

I have just tried literaly all WAV files from C2 personal license bundle - I imported every WAV file and they all failed to convert to OGG.

And all these files import fine in r222 and older versions.

May be you changed not only the encoders but also some part of the C2 code responsible for sound import in r223?

And may be in r228 you returned the old encoders, but forgot to return old C2 code responsible for sound import?

Also can you tell me the path to find the encorders? It is just "...Construct 2/tools/audio" folder or something else? May be I should install r221 and copy-pasted the encoders over to r228 to find the reason of this bug.

• That's the right folder. There wasn't any code changes in C2 itself - just changing the encoder EXEs.

• I have just installed r221 and copy-pasted the encoders over to r228 and now it works fine. Thank you for this solution.

In 32 bit windows encoders in r228 and r221 are different - they even have different file sizes.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)