Problem with game exported using nwjs

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • Problem Description

I have been working on a game for several months and during the development, exported it a few times and tested without any problems.

Tried an export again today and in some parts of the game, when a sprite uses animation, a black box appears next to the sprite. The problem

doesn't occur when launching the game within Construct2 (all works perfectly), only when exporting using the NWJS and running the Windows

64bit executable.

Attach a Capx

Not needed

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Export your game from Construct2, select desktop NW.js
    • PNG compression set to Standard and minify script selected
    • Export options: Single instance, Windows frame

Observed Result

Black rectangles appear next to some sprites in the game (seems to be when sprites have several animation frames, but problem

occurs without animation taking place)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

Construct 2 Version ID

Construct 2 Release 200 (64 bit), Built at 2.47pm on March 16th 2015

Open GL version

Rendering with OpenGL 4.5.0 NVidia 350.12 (card is GeForce GTX770/PCIe/SSE2, shader language 4.50)

NWjs version

Using version 0.12.0 from Scirra web site (nwjs-for-c2-v0-12-0.exe published March 9th 2015).

Noticed that this is not the latest version of NW.js available. A version 0.12.1 exists which corrects some bugs. Perhaps

Scirra needs to release version 12.1 for Construct2? See:

• You are going to have to provide a capx that specifically reproduces the problem.

Just putting in any capx may not reproduce your issues.

Edit:

It sounds a bit like it could be driver related. Thats the first thing that should be checked anyway.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Well Newt, the problem is I can't provide the entire Capx of my game (it's quite large and confidential). Furthermore, the issue doesn't occur for all objects, so providing a source file wouldn't provide any further insights.

As you mention, the only element recently updated is the NVidia graphic driver, which is probably the source of the problem. Not sure however how I can solve for this? I could try to revert to older drivers to see if the problem is removed by doing so, but that's not a permanent solution.

As I mention, the NW.js provided by Scirra is not the latest available either. Perhaps we could have version 12.1 for Construct 2 to see if this helps...

• Done some more tests:

1) Tried exporting with WebGL disabled -> Problem still remains in executable

2) Created a small Capx with one scene (layout) and one object (sprite) from the game and exported -> Problem persists around the sprite object (black box around it)

I can provide this small Capx and the executable file for it if needed (not sure how to attach these files, as I don't seem to have the option in the editor)

• Please review the bug report guidelines. A .capx is mandatory, and we don't want your full project either.

• Ashley,

Did you read my previous post before closing? I do have a Capx file and wanted to attach it to the message.

I now understand you can't attach files directly, so I've copied to Dropbox. Here's the link:

h*t*t*p*s://w*w*w.dropbox.com/sh/emg61edorqq15tz/AACMi2VoW7qZzuf7_U8iNq4Ga?dl=0

Could you possibly review and reopen the case? Thanks.

(P.S. Why don't you use a good captcha to prevent spam and allow all users to post links?)

• I'm using the latest version of C2 and the latest NWjs and both your capx and exported project run perfectly.

• Thanks Zenox.

This seems to point to a graphic card driver issue as several of us suspected. I recently updated to the latest drivers from NVidia.

Are you also using an NVidia card and if so, with which driver version?

• Found the source of the problem. I had made the mistake of setting the compression for some of the sprites to JPEG.

Those with transparent areas don't support this and must use png8 if they need to be compressed.

• Just for info, nvidia driver I'm currently on is 347.88, which was the last WHQL driver at the time.

There is another updated release, but I like to wait a month or 2 for issues to be ironed out.

As they say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)