Preview Server Not Found on WinXP after upgrade to r206 r209

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Use this game pack to create your own game, modify the existing game or simply take a look and see how it was made.
  • Problem Description

After upgrading to release r206 or r209 from r201 the Preview Server stopped working.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Step 1 Upgrade to r209 on Windows XP OS.
    • Load any project or template.
    • Click on Run Layout.

Observed Result

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 192.168.1.103:50000.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.

If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.

If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Expected Result

The game would run in the browser as was the case for r201 and older.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

WinXP service pack 3.

Construct 2 Version ID

r209

• Did you try to set it up again?

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/247/ho ... al-network

You have to provide more information than just saying it stopped working.

• Did you try to set it up again?

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/247/ho ... al-network

You have to provide more information than just saying it stopped working.

What more can I provide? I don't know how to debug Construct's preview server.

Yes of course I've tried setting the server up again. However it only works if I downgrade back to r201, which is the last release I downloaded prior to r206.

• I've just found what looks to be the same issue is reported here

And also here

Unfortunately both those two bug reports were closed and the issue has not been fixed.

This appears to be an issue that affects users running the recent releases of Construct2 on Windows XP.

• Please see troubleshooting C2's preview server.

I reviewed our code logs and we made no changes to the preview server since r206, so I suspect this is a networking configuration issue. If you really think the problem is with Construct 2, narrowing it down to the specific release that changed would be useful.

• Please see troubleshooting C2's preview server.

I reviewed our code logs and we made no changes to the preview server since r206, so I suspect this is a networking configuration issue. If you really think the problem is with Construct 2, narrowing it down to the specific release that changed would be useful.

Hi Ashley,

As I don't have release 205, so I can't be sure but reviewing other reports of the same issue it appears to be r206 was when the problem was introduced. It could of course have been an earlier release. All I can say for sure is that r201 works fine on XP.

• You can try all past releases here: https://www.scirra.com/construct2/releases

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can try all past releases here: https://www.scirra.com/construct2/releases

Thanks Ashley. I've downloaded a whole series of releases to test. Unfortunately I've hit a delay, after upgrading to a Business license a few days ago, my old license stopped working and the new one too. As a working license is necessary for using the local server, I need to wait for the license problem to be fixed first.

Note: If you have problems with your license after updating to a business license, check your Program Files/Construct 2 folder. In my case there was a copy of my old license there. As soon as I replaced it with the new license, the new license was recognized.

• OK, Finally completed my tests of R201 through to R210.

The last release that with a functioning Preview Server for Win XP appears to be R201.

• Thanks for looking in to this, it looks like we did make a change to the preview server in r202. I've re-opened the report and will investigate.

• Thanks for looking in to this, it looks like we did make a change to the preview server in r202. I've re-opened the report and will investigate.

Ashley, that's great news. I know XP is an aging system but it still works great and with Construct 2, its even better.

• I've made a change to the next build aimed at fixing this. I'm going to close this report now, please file a new one if you continue to have trouble with r211+.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)