Preview not working (Red Progress Bar)

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Progress\Loading Bar. Now Load you game like a Professional.
  • Problem Description

More than two years I develop a fairly large project using construct 2. At the moment, the number of objects exceeded 5,000 sprites (animation frames). Because of this, no longer run previews.

Launching preview in Chrome, NV, iE, FF - a red loading bar that does not load the project to the end.

If you export the project, it will run fine (since. Animation frames packed in texture atlas)

Attach a Capx

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B44ekA ... NsZUE/view

Description of Capx

Capx shows that preview doesn't run with 12 objects(10animations with 50 frames - 6000 sprites)

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Run Capx
    • Start preview (Red progress bar)
    • Delete 2-3 objects
    • Start preview (Blue progress bar)

Observed Result

6000 objects - preview doesn't work

Less then 5000 objects - preview work correctly

Expected Result

I want to use construct 2 not only for small projects. I have many characters, monsters, weapons with a lot of smooth animations in the game and I want to use preview in development process... Without object count limit for it...

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES/NO)
    • FireFox: (YES/NO)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES/NO)
    • NW: (YES/NO)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 64, Windows 7 32

Construct 2 Version ID

r216

• Sorry, there is nothing we can do about this. The Windows OS itself has a limit of 10,000 graphics objects per process, and the editor needs at least one icon per object not including everything else a typical Windows app needs, which is probably pushing you over the limit. Addressing this would require fundamentally rearchitecting the editor. This work is being done for C3, but it is too late for C2. I am shocked that anyone would ever run in to this limit anyway, since that is a truly extraordinary number of images to be using. All you can do is try to reduce the number of images used, or one other workaround is to export your project every time you want to test it, which applies spritesheeting and reduces the number of images.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry, there is nothing we can do about this. The Windows OS itself has a limit of 10,000 graphics objects per process, and the editor needs at least one icon per object not including everything else a typical Windows app needs, which is probably pushing you over the limit. Addressing this would require fundamentally rearchitecting the editor. This work is being done for C3, but it is too late for C2. I am shocked that anyone would ever run in to this limit anyway, since that is a truly extraordinary number of images to be using. All you can do is try to reduce the number of images used, or one other workaround is to export your project every time you want to test it, which applies spritesheeting and reduces the number of images.

Ashley

Hmm... In Windows 10, when I run preview on Chrome - It still not working like in Windows 7: 90% of loading and "stop".

But: preview working in Microsoft Edge... 5000 objects, 6000, 8000 - I don't know how, but it works

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)