Preview Browser Issue When Set In Project

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the Construct Starter Kit Collection and the Student Workbook from the Workshop.
  • I am using r86 (latest beta ATM)

I have noticed that if you open a project where the browser was set different to default and the system does not have that specific browser installed, construct2 gives an error message about the missing browser BUT does not show you the preview of the project (Kind of a dead end and a joy killer!)

Where as it should give the error message and then continue to show the preview with the default browser available on the system.

Minor issue but had me scratching my head for an hour since I didn't know that you could set a specific browser in the project properties.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't think this is a bug. You just need to switch the preview browser to something else, or install the browser the error mentioned. The error message also mentions "Alternatively, change the 'Preview browser' setting in project properties to another browser", so it told you the answer... maybe you have error-message blindness, like a lot of people who just click away errors without reading them?

I don't think continuing to launch the default browser will help either, because the error message will still keep appearing every time you preview, which will quickly get annoying, so you'd still want to fix it first.

• Hmmm, "maybe you have error-message blindness, like a lot of people who just click away errors without reading them?" >> You are right.

I think my eyes completely skipped the 1 important keyword "... change the 'Preview browser' setting in project properties to another browser."

I spent all my time instinctively tinkering with C2's browser settings.

Will have to read error messages with more focus next time.

Thanks Ashley and sorry about the needless intervention.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)